Some fascinating facts here. Number 9 (New York schools are more segregated than those in Mississippi) is sad given that we are in the 21st century.
How Many do YOU know?
1. About 1 in every 36 people living in the United States resides in New York City.
2. Despite its name, about half of the 842-mile NYC subway system is actually above ground.
3. The game of Scrabble, the teddy bear, toilet paper, and the deep-fried Twinkie were all invented in NYC.
4. It’s perfectly legal to walk around topless in the city. In 2013, a woman won a $40,000 settlement from NYC due to the police repeatedly arresting her for going topless.
5. If the NYPD was its own army of NYC, it would be the 20th-best-funded army in the world, just behind Greece and just ahead of North Korea .
6. Wall Street earned its name in the 17th century, when the Dutch built a wall to protect themselves from attacks by pirates and Native Americans.
7. New York City is the home…
View original post 801 more words